since it's after 10:30pm on a Monday night and photos are still all
on camera, I think I will do my week of lotsa stuff to share on
Had found this questionnaire that lots of folks are doing, so
previously had started to do it myself...here goes....
SP 13 Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you
absolutely *not* like?
Favorite yarn: I particularly loved knitting with Baby alpaca Grande
and Blue Sky Alpaca...is there an alpaca theme going there...hmmm.
I am not crazy about knitting with fun fur type yarns...who can actually
see your stitches or even if you dropped one and
when it comes to seaming these projects...don't even get me started.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
sewing up needles- a tic tac mint container and knitting needles- a very
old sewn needle holder that have had for many years.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider
your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since a child, mother taught me basics, and self taught
all the more complicated stuff, i.e. lace, fair isle, cables...
I consider myself intermediate...have been told I am a beginner and others say
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? nope, should I guess.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
lavender, and jasmine.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
NO, But weakness for taffy, especially banana. oh and barley pops.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am a new spinner, have a loom, but not crazy about weaving...love beading and
jewelery making, card making, and crochet. oh and fimo.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Any music especially European hits and broadway musical tunes. I am ok with MP3.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love purples and greens.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married, 3 sons, one elderly dog, 3 cats, 3 fish. Yes it does sound like
I am two dogs short huh.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and yes.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Currently fair isle. Hats, mittens, misc. probably top choices.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Do I really have to fess up to all of them...
gingerbread man, fingerless gloves, hat, scarf....plus whatever else I've
forgotten...yarn fumes affect my memory that way.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Double points are my weapon of choice, usually bamboo, but if size 0000-1, I
have to use aluminum as I just break those bamboos left and right. Sigh!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I have both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
gone to get tissues as crying over this...thank goodness for yarn fumes...having
memory loss again...certainly longer than I want to admit to. How long has it
been since the dinosaurs roamed the earth?
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Probably Halloween. celebrate Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Sheep, not real ones, but trying hard to figure out a way to, knitting
magazines, at least it appears like I do, Dickens Houses, and cookbooks,
have about 300 is that considered a collection, insane or actually normal
for most folks....just wondering.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get
your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
If I could have any of books by Alice Starmore or any Alan Dart patterns
I don't already have...that's a hard one, i've pretty much got them all
covered. I subscribe to Simply Knitting from UK costs a small fortune...
think son's college payment is cheaper...lol but do it for Alan Dart
patterns and find myself knitting other lovelies as well.
But I adore any knitting books or mags, especially Australia mags,
British mags, and Japanese books.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Everything! Hot on my list is double knitting, and shadow/illusion knitting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, but not obsessed at moment. foot is size 7 shoe USA
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
yes, sheepish1, same as Plurk, same as blog, same as facebook, same as Stickam,
same as Skype, same as Twitter...am sure it's elsewhere too.
Found on U-Tube ...Christmas Lights Gone Wild