Friday, August 24, 2007

HATS R US....charity knitting

News, news, news..............I am finally on Ravelry, and is it worth the wait.
If you are not on the list/bus get on it.
By the way, those of you on Ravelry, I am of course Sheepish1

Can't you see how excited I am, I can't stop jumping up and down...........Yeehah............

anyway what's new, lots...........but will just post a few photos, as that is enough for one reader.

Knitting for Charity mostly, and as my favorite thing to knit is hats, that is what it's all about.

First hat is made with Paton's pink yarn, knitted loosely, pattern is a freebie, anyone interested, just email me....I'll send you the site I got it from. I am not that good at computer's yet, i.e. how to paste on the forwarding site. anyone reading this, feel free to let me know how to do that.............
anyway, their pattern for the hat is just knit, then felted....I added some embellishments of my own.
this is my favorite hat to date.




Hat #2 is from Creature Comforts by Amy Bahrt
I used Plymouth Encore yarn for this and the next couple.
The pink hat with flower was actually cream, dyed pink after being knit,
then I picked up the stitches
again after the yarn was dried and finished up the top.

Hat #3, I think is a Magknits pattern, but if interested will double check that.



Hat #4 is also from same book as the little car hat above. It's actually the cover
photo. It's funny shape is due to the fact it's still being blocked.
I usually wash them all when done and block them on a stryrofoam ball, as no
child has offered up wearing a wet hat till dry, and the ball actually gives the hats a really
nice shape.

Hat #5 not pictured, is still not embellished, so looks rather plainish. Not sure if
that's English....
Hat #6 Pending, as on the needles, may be the new favorite.
Am still working on the knitted quilt, photos when further along.
and completely addicted to Podcasts and Ravelry of course.....












No comments: