Tuesday, November 11, 2008

By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea

Blog peek of the day is Knitting by the Sea
This looked so interesting to me. She has many ideas for knitting that she
has seen on other sites...particularly cute are the little christmas stockings
she plans to knit...great to put on little packages...so take a peek.
I too posted the u-tube video of the Last Knit...if you haven't seen it, check
her blog as she has it up and ready to view...It's a hoot!

It can be found at:
http://www.morecambesands.com/knitting_by_the_sea/

My hat of the day is another guild request for a men's hat...actually
went to a lovely knitting friend of mine for one of her family members. I was
listening to one of Yarn Harlot's books recorded onto cd by Stephanie herself,
a great way to knit and read at the same time.
On this tape she discussed about special knits for people that are sick or
ill in anyway and how as we knit the item for a specific person, our thoughts
and wishes for them to have a healthy recovery or less pain and suffering go
into our knitting. So I send this hat with all of my best wishes and
prayers that they may recover from their illness and be pain free.





I believe this is the Classic Ribbed Hat by Frugal Knitting Haus
and is a free pattern. It's being modeled by a knitting group friend.
I am unsure of yarn I believe it may have been Encore, definitely a worsted
weight.

Actual Pattern can be found here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060127052904/www.frugalhaus.com/scripts/ribbed.asp

No comments: